Pets on Jets are only licensed to accept the arrival of Pets over the age of 6 months old on a non-commercial basis. If your pet is younger than 6 months old, they cannot be entered into the UK through Manchester Airport and will have to travel into an airport with a Border Inspection post instead.
Required Documents –
For travel from within the EU or special territories, your pet must travel on an EU pets passport. For travel from outside the EU, your pet must travel on an Annex IV veterinary health certificate or an EU pets passport can be used providing that the current rabies vaccination was given in the EU and is still valid at the time of UK entry. The Annex IV veterinary health certificate can be obtained from your vet or can be found on the Defra website. These documents should contain all details of:
- Details of Pet – Breed, DOB etc…
- Implant date (must be before rabies vaccination date)
- Rabies vaccinations (21 day wait must be carried out before entry to the UK unless there is proof of continuous previous history that has been stamped and signed by the vet)
- Blood test date (only applicable for unlisted countries – see our countries page)
- Tapeworm treatment (must be given between 24 and 120 hours prior to arrival by the vet – dogs only)
Once the health certificate is completed by your vet, the certificate must then be sent to the department of agriculture for endorsement. Full details of this can be found on the Defra website.